Friday, June 18, 2010

Gratitude

There is something to be said about gratitude.

Yesterday I just realized how a simple "Thank you" can make a world of difference. So many times I'll go so far out of my for people, and I don't mind at all, I honestly enjoy helping others, but it just feels so good when they acknowledge what I do and just say thank you and truly mean it. It makes a person feel that they are making a difference and the time they just spent for you wasn't for nothing.

Then I realized I can vocalize my appreciation more. For example, my family does sooo much for me and I have totally gotten used to it. Because they always go out of their way for me I stopped even noticing or thanking them for all that they do. Never forget about the people who go out of their way for you, even if its something small.

I know there has even been times Ill open doors for strangers and they dont even acknowledge me. And that sucks! haha I mean at least a smile or something. Some people are just so caught up in their own stuff they don't even realize the simple things people do for them on a day to day basis to make their life easier. Thats why its so important to be aware.

So just take a moment and just think about all the people who do nice thoughtful things for you and next time really truly thank them. A thank you honestly goes a long way.

Peace and Love,

Lysee

1 comment: