Sunday, August 29, 2010

Giving

In life it’s really important to give. I don’t think I can stress this enough. In a world, where many people are self -absorbed and only do things to get personal gain, this is something I think more people need to focus on.

Why do you think we have families, friends, teams, etc. We, as people, need help, and support, and can not achieve our dreams without that from others. This is OUR world. Not mine, or yours. We are all here together to make a difference and when people, friends, any group come together, its always much stronger than one.

My point today is that people need to start giving more and helping others. Its really time to just step up. I mean I would do anything for my family and friends, almost to the point that I push aside MY obligations in order to help my loved ones, which is not good either. I need to find balance. But isn’t that what’s life about?

Anyways, It just shocks me whenever I hear about friends not supporting others or helping others in desperate need of help. Isn’t that the point on true family and friendship?

I mean I would not call many people my “friends.” I know a lot of people. But I only call my friends people who I know are there for me, support me, believe in me, and would help me even if it wasn’t convenient for them. There have been times I really needed help, and people came through for me, so I know they are my real friends, and there have been times I’ve needed help from other “friends” and they were no where to be found. So I don’t waste my time with them anymore. Life is too short to have such superficial relationships with people and spend your precious time with people who when it comes down to it, don’t have your back.

Regardless, the world would be a better place in general, if everyone stepped up, took themselves out of the equation, and looked at the bigger picture. We really need to pull together, especially during these tough times and help wherever we can. Friends, family, strangers, whoever. Just be more open and aware of these things.

Just a thought

Peace and Love,
Lysee

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lysee you might have been ditched by some friends or those things all happend to you any ways I totally Agree

    ReplyDelete