Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Love you Mom



Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I wanted to dedicate my post today to my mom. She is an amazing woman who will never get enough credit for all she has done. I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for my mom. Through her I have learned how to respect myself, educate myself, and have the poise and confidence to go far in life. I learn everything from her. I'm so glad I have such a good parent who serves as a great example to me. I have never met someone, so strong, independent, hard-working, generous, intelligent, open-minded, and classy. My mom defines the meaning of a true woman and mother. No one has sacrificed as much as she has for me, and I am forever in her debt. No matter what gifts I give her, she has given me the best gift of all... life! I know that sounds corny but its so true.

Its so funny because you know that phrase that basically says you always end up like your parents? Well If you would have told me that ten years ago I wouldn't have believed it. I literally remember sitting at home seeing my mom come home from work while she was talking to someone she worked with. She seemed so fun yet intelligent and witty that I was amazed. She did things I only dreamed of. Like she was (and still is) and incredible public speaker. She would speak at events with hundreds of people and remain so poised and knowledgeable on her subject. She was extremely smart; always knew how to get her way and would figure out how to make something out of nothing. She was so comfortable around people, so energetic and charming. And this was a big deal because at the time I was at that age where you are a little socially awkward, haha. SO I looked at her as this amazingly accomplished, yet caring person and I never thought I would amount to her greatness. I looked up to her so much and put her on such a huge pedestal that I thought I could never reach. Today, is a different story though. I have grown so much and I'm soo happy to say I'm my mother's daughter. I cant believe it but I really have grown to be very much like her and I'm so thankful for it. I have slowly but surely learned how to do all these things that I never thought I would be able to do or be comfortable doing. I have learned so much through her strength and example. Don't get me wrong, I still have A LOT more to learn and to grow, but I just cant believe I have made it this far. I am so blessed.

So thank you mommy, for your kind and inspirational words, your dedication to serve not only your children but everyone around you, and your dedication to yourself to become a better person each and every day. If it wasn't for your encouragement since I was born to do or be whatever I wanted to I don't think I would have ever dreamed big enough to truly believe I could achieve everything I ever wanted, not to mention go for my singing career. You always believed in me and told me all things were possible. And I'm starting to find out you were completely right.

I love you mom. I really really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment