Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dance = Love


Singing is my passion. But dancing... Is my love. I love to dance. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE singing, but I hold a very special place in my heart for dancing. (I hope that makes sense, lol) Today I went to a dance class where I learned a routine from a professional choreographer. I have not been dancing very much this year since I left school and so my skills definitely aren't as good as they used to be. But I didn't care. Dancing is about heart. And I could easily be intimidating by other dancers, but whatever. THey have been doing this every day all their lives, and I'm JUST starting to get back into it. *Note to readers* NEVER feel intimidated by someone who you think is better than you and never let that stop you from going for what you love, and thinking you aren't good enough.

Anyways, I love dancing so much. I feel safe dancing. Even if I look like an idiot, dancing is about emotion. Anyone can move their body, but its how you move it that makes you a good dancer. I believe the more authentic you are, the more of your Swag you put into it, the better dancer you become. I love expressing myself through my body. You can interpret any dance move and make it your own. Its crazy. I could be having the worst day, but when I hear that beat, and my heart starts racing, my body just starts feeling it, and I'm in another world... I'm just in the zone. I just love expressing myself through movement to music. It literally fills me with joy.

Today was a great day

I will never stop dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment