Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What is Sexy?





What is sexy these days?

What do you define as sexy?

Look at the two photos above. The first, of Audrey Hepburn, is what I define as sexy. Audrey exemplifies class. She was beautiful, well spoken, intelligent, and extremely classy; she was a true woman and a real lady. To me, classy IS the new sexy. Not the second picture, of a woman barely clothed in a suggestive pose. Do people think that's true sexiness?

See it seems to me some people have it wrong. A lot of people actually. Or maybe its just me that has it wrong. But I doubt it.

See even If I looked under google images for "sexy" pictures.. .That's what I supposedly get. . . A bunch of half naked men/women dressed provocatively and posed suggestively. Is that really the message we want to send to people as sexy? I hope not.

See Sexy to me is how you carry yourself. It's being fun, fearless, confident, intelligent, and classy all wrapped up into one. You don't need to sell yourself short by dressing down, and wearing less to look sexy... I mean c'mon, really???

Remember when Justin Timberlake "Brought Sexyback"? Besides making amazing music that everyone could dance to, he was making a statement. The whole concept and look of his album was him dressed nicely; clean cut and fashionable. Not shirtless, not with chains, leather jackets, or little clothing. He was dressed nicely, dressed to impressed--with suits, vests, and more. His style was sexy! I mean that's what I would call sexy.

That's exactly what I mean though. So many times I go out and see women dressed provocatively and what is even worse is that they have no clue why men just want to sleep with them and not get to know them... Well, duh! If you are dressing a certain way, you are going to get treated a certain way. Sorry ladies but that is the truth.

I want to change the way some women think and teach all women that being classy IS sexy. That is truly what sexy is. Concealing and leaving things to the imagination is admirable. It's easy to throw on heels and a short skirt and tight top. But not all of us need to go there to get attention. Get your attention by being you who are and giving off great vibes/energy. You don't have to dress like that to get noticed... By the right man anyway...

Peace and Love,

Lysee

1 comment:

  1. Nice thread. Totally agree with your statement on how modern society has a warped image of what sexy is.
    I know cultures have changed and such but I personally still think having a vague sense of mystery about someone is 10x more thrilling then seeing all you can get anyway.

    ReplyDelete