Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What is Marriage?



So... This is a picture of the Dream and some random... He was married to Cristina Milian but its obvious that relationship has ended. They were only married 3 months.

See I know I can't judge, but I'm judging. I mean I fully acknowledge I don't know the situation, but if there was any possibility that you would end your MARRIAGE with someone, especially within 3 months, there was no point in getting married in the first place.

Feel free to disagree with the statements I make during this blog, but I define marriage as a union between two people who pledge their lives and themselves to one another forever. They should literally be eternally together; with their love everlasting.

Maybe I just have a different idea or definition of marriage, but I don't think marriage means what it used to. Divorce rates are so high today and many married couples I see don't even seem in love anymore. Why is that?

See I don't think people today fully realize what marriage means and what you are getting yourself into. Marriage is a big committment. You are basically saying, that out of the 6 billion people in the world, you think this person is the best person for you. The most connected to you physically, intellectually, and emotionally. This person will be the mother/father of your children, and will start a family with you! You are choosing to spend your life, your struggles, your triumphs and share those precious moments with them and no one else for the rest of your life. I know it sounds dramatic but its true.

I believe that marriage, like most things, is a very beautiful thing, if done correctly. I for one, believe in marriage, but do not know if it's for me yet. I mean I am always changing, always growing, always taking new paths... So how can I say who I am today will want to be with the same person as who I am in 10, 20, 30, 40 years? I mean its easy to fall in love in my opinion, if you allow yourself to open your heart to another, but how do you know you will always love this person and your love, or dynamic between the two wont change? That is something I am still trying to figure out and understand.

Regardless, I think many people rush into marriages without realizing the true commitment they are making. If you can't commit to someone for a lifetime you definitely should not be marrying them. If I marry, I only want to marry once. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment